Almost everyone has dealt with blisters at some point of time in our life. If it is treated as fast as they begin to develop they cure very fast. If we leave them to continue swelling up, then severe consequences with follow. There are various forms and types of blister depending on what caused them, these include herpes blisters, blood blisters, water blister and fever blisters. These falls to be fatal if not handled properly.
There are quite a number of causes of the blisters, which includes:
- Allergies. This is whereby the skin is allergic to some chemical reactions including poisonous fluids or substances, washing detergents and other solvents. The reactions usually form an eczema resulting to serious formation of blisters if not treated immediately. Other forms of allergies may result from contact of animals, insect bites, and insect sting that may trigger the formation of blisters.
- Individual skin condition. Some autoimmune diseases have serious blisters as a symptom. Blisters form if excessive pressure is applied to an area of the skin. Some examples includes bullous pemphigoid which causes large blisters to form typically in most people with the ages ranging from 60 years and above, another type is dermatitis herpetifomis which is a more serious chronic blister disorder.
- Irritation blister are caused by physical and at times chemicals. The examples physical causes may be cited from the blister formed because of excess friction may be from wearing of clothes or on very tight and uncomfortable shoes. The chemical cause an irritation that may cause skin to get swollen and lead to formation of a blister.
- The environmental changes (climate change) come will a lot of effect on our skin. High and extreme temperatures even cold affect the skin surface due to either the sunburn or the frostbite and trigger the formation of blisters in gradual change of the temperatures on the skin.
- Using of some medication may double the sensitivity of the skin surface leaving the skin so light and vulnerable to the sun rays thus when the bare skin is struck by the sunlight, it will trigger a formation of very severe chronic blisters. This disorder may result from usage of various medications especially the ones with nalidixic acid, furosemide and doxycycline. All these will no doubt cause very serious blistering disorder ranging from the one known as erythema multiforme and toxic epidermal necrolysis are the most severe and common ones causing a third of the skin damage once the skin surface is affected, the results are fatal.
- Another one may be infections resulting from bacteria called staphylococci. This will lead to formation of bullous impetigo. Chicken pox infection cannot be omitted since it also causes very serious blister originating from a virus known as varicella zoster